Thursday, September 07, 2006

She'll probably kill me but...


Yesterday was my friend Shannon's birthday and it made me stop and ponder our 25 year friendship. We've have had some ups and downs but have remained close over the years. We have battled several fashion trends, hair mishaps, heartbreaks and many, many laughs together. When I was little I didn't realize how blessed I was to have such a friend, I swear at times we were able to read each others minds. Even now that we are "all growd up" and are at very different stages of our lives we are connected by our heart strings. It feels good to know that regardless how often or not we talk when we see each other face to face we can pick up where we left off. It's amazing how two people as different as we are from each other can be kinred spirits. I am blessed to know her. I thank God for my friend, for the memories that we have made and for the ones we will make. Happy Birthday Shan. Love you always.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very sweet! Great photo!

Shannon said...

I just got back online and found your post about us. Very nice.It being 25 years may make people think that we're old. :)