Sunday, September 03, 2006

Proud of my dad


For those of you who know my dad you are probably aware of the fact that he had a crappy childhood and he worked at a job he hated for over 30 years. So it really did my heart good while I was home because I got to see him doing things that he really loves. I think it's great to see how much he enjoys running "The Driftwood" even when the Pepsi guy doesn't show up. He treated Leanne and I to a boat tour of Aylesford lake and I got to cruise around on his motorcycle with him. I love how my dad knows how to appreciate the small in things in life. And I am so happy that he has a chance to enjoy things that he chooses.

5 comments:

Susan said...

It scares me to see your dad on a motorcycle! I remember the times he told Scott that he would take a hammer to a bike if he got one!! As you can see, we "old" people mellow out as we get older. I love your pictures.

Kelly said...

That is so sweet. I think we should all to "odes" to our Dads.

Christy said...

I NEVER thought I would see the day - your dad, a motorcycle man!!! And that looked like a gorgeous day to go for a boat ride, I'm jealous!!!

Christy said...

Maley came in to see the pictures and said "Gampie on motorcycle? And Aunt Tracy?!?" Then she say the boat and said "Why me, Emma, mama, daddy not on boat?" Yes, I would like to know that too!

Tracing in the Valley said...

Tell Maley that the next time she visits grampie to ask for a boat ride. I'm sure he would be willing to putt you guys around...guaranteed that we will grin like a cheshire cat.