Monday, September 18, 2006

Livin la Vida Loca


I want to be back in Nova Scotia having fun!with my friends!! But alas I am back in the evil world of academia. Classes that I don't care about (except Drama...oh the fun I have in that class), always having an assignment hanging over my head and worst of all pompous professors. GROAN. I feel as though that being on campus makes me more stupid. For example: the first day of classes I see a tent set up and they are giving out free student planners...hurray, I think to myself and I saunter over in order to get one and save myself a few bucks. The young ,almost prepubescent, man says to me, "What faculty?". I hear "Are you faculty?" I smile and say no. He looks at me with a look that informs me I have indeed said something stupid/wrong. He bravely tries again..."What faculty?" (His voice cracks this time). Then I started to giggle because I realize my mistake and it is not just a quick giggle, oh no, it's one of those nervous over the top giggles. I attempt to pull myself together and between gasps and giggles I manage to say, probably far too loud, "ENGLISH, I'm an English Major...Okay?". I think next time I will just buy my own stupid planner. I cannot wait to graduate from university so that my common sense will return...I hope...maybe I'm too far gone already. Good night everyone. And for those of you out there who are rolling their eyes because I, a member of the English faculty, have no idea how to use puncuation and grammar...go ahead. I'm too tired to care.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I hear you loud and clear Tracy! Things can get mind boggling at times when we have a million things to do and that are due! And as long as we have our "grammar" correct for our papers.............then ya.........who cares:-)

Good luck girl!

Lyndsie Jean said...

You won't get any eye rollings from me- I hear you on the grammer and spelling, I hate it and I'm awful and the worst part is I've just stopped caring. Real life is hard to break back into eh especially one that involves homework. Your trip to NS looked so fun, no wonder you didn't want to come back.

Murray's Corner said...

hahahahaha, what faculty? no. i died! that's so funny. sad thing is, i thought faculty meant professors so if i were asked that, i'd be all, no, i'm a student. good thing i'm done school!

Christy said...

I agree...who says "What faculty?" I would've said no too. But I definantly would NOT have left without that FREE planner. You know me - those are my 2 favorite words "free" and "planner". Come back everyday with a new "faculty" :)