Friday, August 24, 2007

An update from Mombasa

Hi everyone, James and I are now in Mombasa which is on the coast of eastern Kenya...right on the Indian Ocean. We are here on our own but will be meeting up with the Orwa's again in September to put in the Posho mill. We really appreciate all the support that has been rolling in. I apologize for the lack of pictures but I haven't been able to get the photo optain to load since we have been in Africa but no worries because I will add TONS when we get get home in October. I think James and I have close to 2000 photos so I will have lots to choose from. I hope Cheryl is planning to help be scrapbook when I get home...YOU PROMISED!

Things are going well here. James and I are slowing getting use to the Kenya pace and the menu. I have learned how to cook so many wonderful things. Chapatis and Mandazis are our favorites so far. Ugali is a bit heavy but oh so useful when eating soup. I plan to cook an African feast when we get home.

I don't have tons to report other than we have been living the typical African life for the past month...harvesting, eating and cooking. The day revoles around preparing the next meal. But know we are in mombasa which is a tourist place so we plan to relax and drink lots of African coffee. Luke we promise to bring some home for you. We also have a safari on the horizon. Well I must go and post this before the power or internet goes down. Miss and Love you.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Tracy. I just can't imagine what it's like for you there! I can't wait to see all the pictures, and I really do mean all 2000 of them. :)

Unknown said...

Hey! Your photos are awesome, and your stories are exciting. I can hardly wait to see you guys again.
xoxo
Luke